Appointment Protocol for Dundee Veterinary Clinic
Thank you for taking the time to review our current appointment procedures. We appreciate your patience as we are frequently changing these to adapt to the changing environment. Please note that we prefer in person appointments, but in order to make sure we can stay open to care for your pets during this time, we need to limit our exposure to the public as much as possible.
We are currently offering curbside appointments only with few exceptions. Pet parents (limit of 2) are permitted to be present for euthanasia appointments.
Our current appointment procedures are as follows:
1) When you pull into our parking lot, we ask that you call our office at 734-529-2429 to check in. If you do not have a cell phone, please let us know when you schedule your appointment. If your pet is here for an emergency, please alert the front office staff as soon as you arrive.
2) After check-in, please keep your phone available and make sure the ringer is on. An assistant will call you to collect history information and help prepare the doctor to examine your pet and address your concerns.
3) You will then be asked to meet the team member at the side door near the front southwest corner of the building with your pet. Make sure to alert us of any behavioral or medical concerns (food allergies, nervous for specific procedures, etc.). We pledge to treat your pet with respect as if they were our own.
4) Please then return to your vehicle or wait at the bench or nearby with your phone in hand. The assistant and doctor will get vital signs and perform a physical exam on your pet.
5) The Doctor will call and discuss your pet’s exam findings and concerns with you, discuss treatments or diagnostics and prepare a plan. You may be transferred to a technician or assistant afterwards to discuss plan details.
6) Once we have finished your pet’s treatments, you will be called for payment on your account while any necessary medication is prepared.
7) After you have paid on your account, you will be asked to meet your team member at the side door. They will have your pet, your receipt, and any medications that you are being sent home with.
If you require mobility assistance or have any special accommodations that our staff should be aware of, please do not hesitate to let us know. We are here to take care of you and your pets to the best of our abilities.
Please let us know if you:
- Need to use the restroom
- Need a drink or a snack (for yourself or a child)
- Are unable to wait in your car or have specific time constraints
- Your pet is stressed to wait in the car with and you would prefer we keep them inside with us while you wait